Friday, August 13, 2010

Aug. 9, 2010 Inverness




I awoke too early and misread the clock. I was supposed to be taking this day off. But I dressed and went down to a typical Scottish breakfast of eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast. Back in the room I conked out again for several hours.
In the afternoon I went out to explore the downtown area of Inverness. There are many tourist and woolen goods shops. One building houses the Victorian Market which is full of little shops. I bought some flags and visited a grocery store for supplies. Dinner was pieced together before I fell asleep again.
Sleep here is somewhat problematical for several reasons: there are shrieking seagulls who only seem to quiet for a few hours in the middle of the night. They seem to start at 4 AM and are still at it at 10 PM, and morning comes early - about
5AM. We are quite far north. The walls of the hotel are lacking modern insulation and some sounds from other rooms are transferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment